Monday, April 14, 2014

Kids Say I Do Too



Brides and Grooms come from families of all shapes and sizes. Couples are pulling a "Brady Bunch" more often than ever! So what is the best way to make those little ones feel important and needed on the big day? 
Include them in your vows! After all, you are making a promise for them and to them as well. 

Sharing vows with your kids will do these things for your family:
1. You will make the children feel “significant” — that they are a real part of your life and the new home, not just on the sideline. This is SO IMPORTANT to get all members of your family started off in the right mindset. The sooner you create the right atmosphere, the better.
2. The attention that you give them during the vows will let them know that they are important to you, and to your new family.
3. You will become more aware of their presence in your home, and of your responsibility toward them.
4. You will enhance the relationship between you and your spouse. When you embrace your spouse’s children in this way, you embrace your spouse more completely.

Need A Great Sample Vow?
Groom: “(children’s names), I want you to know that I love your mom. We have become very good friends over time and we love each other. Thank you for sharing this wonderful woman with me. I promise to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your mom, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be father and friend, and I will cherish my life with all of you. On this day when I marry your mom, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own.”
Bride: “(children’s names), I want you to know that I love your dad. We have become very good friends over time and we love each other. Thank you for sharing this wonderful man with me. I promise to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your dad, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be mother and friend, and I will cherish my life with all of you. On this day when I marry your dad, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own.”
The bride and groom’s children then responded to the following vows when read by the officiant:
(Children’s names), do you promise to love your mother and her new husband (or your father and his new wife)? 
Children respond: “I do.”
Do you promise to support their marriage and your new family?
Children respond: “I do.”
Do you promise to accept the responsibility of being their children, and to encourage them, support them, and accept them?
Children respond: “I do.

2 comments:


  1. This is sweet! Kids should also enjoy wedding seasns in their own way. My wedding coordinator organized different games so that kids can enjoy teh wedding. I am really happy with their services.

    ReplyDelete